Thursday, June 2, 2011

Wild & Woolly

This afternoon I took a slight detour on the way to pick Angus up from preschool. A massive bag filled with clothes from my tidy up earlier in the week, finally came to rest in a charity bin. One which has reaped the benefit of many purges over the years. Glancing down to the beach I was struck by how alluring the ocean looked. Sapphire blue, with an impressive swell. I had time to extend the detour, so I headed down to one of my favourite vantage points along the coast.

Scott and I would run to this location many years ago when we first lived together. Before pausing to breathe, stretch and walk home. When the wind and swell kicks up, it's position is rugged, unprotected and fierce. Even on a completely calm day, there is always a breeze howling across the rocks. As soon as I stepped out of the car, sharp gusts drove me back. A fine mist of salt water surrounding me, cooling my face instantly. The crisp shot of fresh air filling my lungs. Exhilarating in every way possible. What a way to put things into perspective for a couple of wild minutes. Completely exposed to the elements and somewhat insignificant in their wake . 

I enjoyed my day. Lunch with a friend and her beautiful babe. A spot of shopping for my little big men. And a snippet of awesome thrown into the routine preschool pickup... just for good measure.





7 comments:

  1. That is awesome! How lucky are you to live so close to something so incredible!!
    I love watching the beautifully wild unpredictable sea. But cant remember the last time i did..
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a special place when we first started dating...it was atop a cliff overlooking the beach that I grew up on and where we later got married. It was always my 'go to' spot whenever I needed a bit of solace, I would spend hours taking in the sea.

    Gorgeous images :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning pics!! Just gorgeous. :)

    PS I've been trying to comment for days! Blogger wouldn't let. So glad that glitch is fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love moments like that and love that you stopped to catch it. Have a lovely weekend! gxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It makes me want to get out of bed and go for a jog to the beach. That's stunning. And good on you for the donation x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been trying for a couple of days to comment too but it's not been kind to me also :-(
    Stunning pics, sounds like you've had a lovely day x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog, reading this post and for leaving a comment. Seeing a comment on my posts always makes my day :o)