Sunday, June 26, 2011

Running on empty

What a fabulously fun, yet exhausting weekend. It kicked off with a girl's night out on Friday. Dinner and drinks and endless chatter at Three Weeds in Rozelle. We hadn't even realised we were the last ones there, when they hustled us along at midnight. At which point, two gals retired for the night. But three of us decided the night was still young, so we made our way into the city to Ivy Bar, for some more drinks and dancing. My friend has a friend, who is a chef in one of the restaurants, so we were lucky enough to avoid cover charges and full priced drinks. After setting up in a cabana at The Pool Bar, we shook our booties and sipped on our favourite poison. Mine being the very 80's malibu and pineapple... I get hassled badly by everyone for still drinking malibu, but do I mind? Not a bit.

I walked through the front door bang on 3am, a good effort. Also rather brave considering the five of us who were out, met at 9.45am Saturday morning, for a play date with all 10 of our kidlets! The first one in months. Always difficult to coordinate a group outing where everyone is available. First stop, the movies and because the break up with our kiddies is 7 girls to 3 boys, we saw Angelina Ballerina. The boys will have their turn in a couple of months, when Thomas The Tank Engine comes to the big screen. After the movie, we all headed to the farmer's market, to pick up some lunch and enjoyed a picnic in the playground. We had a gorgeous day together and made the most of the beautiful sunshine.

Today, I felt decidedly worse for wear. Felix woke at 1.30am this morning and stayed awake for 2 hours. For no particular reason it seemed. He was perfect on Friday night when I was out. I had him fed, bathed, bottled and in bed before I left and he didn't stir once during the night. Maybe his nocturnal activity was a payback to me for having too much of a good time the night before. Whatever it was, I am crossing fingers and toes he doesn't do a repeat performance tonight. Mama. needs. some. sleep.



9 comments:

  1. Oh good on you. 3am is a fantastic effort!!
    And hey there is absolutely nothing wrong with Malibu ;-). I drink it with pineapple juice and Agrum, it's one of my favourites!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pool! It's worth it all to have a good night out occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice effort, Mama!
    There's always a price - but it's usually worth it!
    Sleep well tonight.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what fun and GREAT effort!
    I love Malibu...haven't had it for ages! Now I want some! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fab night out...we all need to let our hair down from time to time :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh well done Julie... pleased there's one Mama out there partying until the wee hours. This one was tucked up in bed by 9pm on Saturday night. Party animal I am not anymore! gxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Julie, that's a sterling effort! There's no way I could do that anymore - I'm a bit more like Georgie there ☺. I can't believe you backed up like that, either. J x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girls night out is awesome!! Isn't it interesting that when you need to sleep the kids decide that the middle of the night is the time to wake up!!
    Parenthood - got to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so impressed. And Felix KNEW you had a late night and he's upset you didn't take him with you! And that was his revenge.

    But, what a wonderful night. Because it doesn't happen very often, it's super special, don't you think?

    And Malibu was one of my first alcoholic drinks. Yes, very 80s! (But don't let that stop you!)

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog, reading this post and for leaving a comment. Seeing a comment on my posts always makes my day :o)