Thursday, April 7, 2011

Midweek Motivation

I was feeling rather unmotivated when I woke up yesterday morning. The changing of the clocks this week has sent my boys into a state of confusion. They are waking all chipper and chirpy anywhere from 5.30 to 6.30 and this Mama prefers the 6.30 to 7.30 time slot SO much more. Therefore, each morning this week it's been extra tough to actually get. going. But yesterday, we had a date at Nana & Pop's. For this, I was truly thankful and somewhat relieved. The boys love going to Nana & Pop's, especially Angus. Nana spoils them rotten and as much as I tell her not to, I kind of don't mind. After all, that's what Nana's are for. We all benefit from my parent's beautiful, big backyard, where Angus is able to let his green thumb go wild. Weeding, planting and watering.

I always take along a little sweet treat, because if it's one thing I have proudly inherited from my Mama, it's her love of all things sweet. Cakes, slices, biscuits, the whole kit and caboodle. Lucky for me there is one of the loveliest French Patisseries just down the road from us. Croquembouche Patisserie and I have a healthy relationship! All the creations from this shop are a divine gift from above. So a quick cruise by Croquembouche on the way to Nana & Pop's, is always a wonderful way to start the day. Sharing the goodies is even more enjoyable.

In the evening, once my boys were fed, bathed and off in dreamland, I left big daddy on night watch duty and headed out to dinner with two dear friends. We don't catch up near as much as we should, but when we do, I savour every minute of it. These gals make me happy. Everything about our friendship is uncomplicated. We pick up where we last left off. We have a history of almost 20 years behind us. And no matter what, I will never lose contact with them, because they mean the world to me. So, we chatted and giggled, over dinner and wine. A charming little pub in Rozelle, Ruby L'otel, the chosen venue (nice work Kris!). And although the Caramelised Pumpkin and goats fetta salad I had left me wanting... well... more... it was quite the scrumptious meal. Ah Wednesday! You were just the type of midweek motivation I needed. 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog, reading this post and for leaving a comment. Seeing a comment on my posts always makes my day :o)