Saturday, November 19, 2011

Take me to the water

Some days are just a precious gift. Today was one of those days. Sitting on the warm sand. Rich, aqua-blue ocean lapping at our toes. Watching my boys gleefully bouncing from building castles to munching on fresh fruit to throwing themselves into waves. Spending time together, as a family, doing not very much at all, other than being. Living a nice, simple, fulfilling life by the sea. It is no secret that I am governed by the sun and whatever it decides to do. When it's out and glowing, so am I. Time by the water, has a similar effect. Days like these, I could hit the repeat button and play them out again and again and again.






12 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful...I still havent popped the toes in yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect. Love those photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie! I've only ever seen that ocean pool on holiday shows but have always wanted to go there!

    Do you mind if I be very rude & ask where it is?!

    It's actually on my bucket list, believe it or not!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaahhh.
    This post makes me all warm and relaxed - 'cause i'm thinking that's what you were feeling behind the lens.
    Nothing better than being kissed by the sun and licked by the salt!!!
    This is what weekends were created for.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely words ...sounds like a perfect day - the first photo looks like the perfect place to be on a summer's day!
    x
    Melissah from Coastal Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. Makes me miss the coast J, and you and the boys. We've promised the kids a trip to the beach when we're in Sydney, Angus and Felix will have to lead the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish, wish, wish I was there as well. My brothers live only doors away and I would so love to catch up with them and indulge in some play as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like your young son could live there day by day too judging by the sparkle in his eye and the grin on his face as he looks out to sea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like it was a beautiful day down in Sydney! Making the most of the coastal breezes. Happy to hear you had a wonderful day with family

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those happy days and so glad to see you had a fabulous time :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ditto. Our family is at it's best at the beach. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Being by the water just makes everything better doesn't it. We really are lucky to live near such beautiful beaches aren't we!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog, reading this post and for leaving a comment. Seeing a comment on my posts always makes my day :o)