Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Freeze Frame

Sweet serenity. Our little piece of paradise, on a sunny Monday morning. Right here, in these moments, the rest of the world feels a million miles away. Far from the hum of the big city we call home. I often marvel at this vast coastline, just a few short steps from the hustle and bustle of the big smoke. No time limits, restrictions or worries... with the exception of which plump, juicy piece of fruit to eat next... the strawberries always seem to disappear first, just quietly.

Soft, gentle, bubbly waves. Pint sized and perfect, washing in over rounded, chubby knees. Depositing precious shells and rocks, of all descriptions upon the shore. Generous tufts of fresh seaweed, floating effortlessly back and forth, with the changing tide. Until I learnt of it's cleansing properties, I didn't care much for seaweed. Now, it's presence on our beaches reassures me. Working naturally to purify the crystal waters we enjoy. An atmosphere, far more relaxed than the neighbouring surf beaches it's nestled between. This one is a rare beauty to behold. If I could bottle these warm, shiny days with my cheeky boys, I would. But instead, I'm content to freeze frame them, as best I can.












14 comments:

  1. So beautiful.
    What a sweet spot - and a fabulous way to start the week.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post my friend really love it. This is just how I felt on Saturday with my sweet ones at the beach. Those little hands in the fruit just made my heart melt. Enjoy your day tomorrow dearest one.

    Always Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful. That fruit look yummy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your writing style Julie, you have the ability to draw me in so I imagine myself sitting there with you :)

    There is a particular type of seaweed that grows on our rocks back home..it's a delicacy for my culture and oh so good.

    That looks like a gorgeous spot!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfection once again. Love your shots and your words - just beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. The beach epitomises summer for us, it is where we spend most of our time come the warmer weather. Just lovely Julie.

    I also like seaweed, in fact I love everything about the beach, including the sand. I love coming home and emptying the car boot of boogie boards, snorkels and flippers and our tent, all covered in sand.

    Love the sandy hand going in for fruit. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. ps...you write a beautiful story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie, I love that you stop to take all the good (beach days... life with your gorgeous boys) with the bad (cold, summer days... crashes at your door... sad news)... I'm never quite sure what will be on your blog tomorrow and that's what I like. Always reflective and always transporting me to another place (my favourite is imagining myself with my toes in the crisp Sydney waters you post)... have a lovely day. gxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos, and I love the words 'chubby', it is so true that their little legs in the sand is so cute! Nice shots and its amazing how well fruit goes down at the beach!;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos Julie, love the sandy fruit! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julie, I know I've said it before, but my goodness me girlie you can write an awesome blog post !! You really do transport me right into your world with your words. Beautiful post. Thanks so much for sharing your freeze frame with us. alison xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh golly, I am all relaxed and ready for bed after reading that Julie. The beach is so relaxing and soothing and you have captured that perfectly in your beautiful words and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pictures of your boys sweets, and such a lovely post. You write so beautifully my bloggy friend.... makes me miss the coast :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous pics Julie. Love the pudgy sandy hands in the fruit. I so love the adroable chubby hands at that age. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog, reading this post and for leaving a comment. Seeing a comment on my posts always makes my day :o)