Monday, March 19, 2012

Tuckered Out

How I love my sleeping boys. Not just for how peaceful and relaxed and totally adorable they look. But for what their sweet slumbering represents. Downtime. When they're awake, they never stop and it would seem, nor do I. This weekend I was lucky enough to have not one, but two nights out with the gals and it was awesome. Dinner with my mother's group lovelies on Friday night and a birthday dinner celebration for another wonderful friend on Saturday night. So much chatter, a drop or two of bubbly and some time to spread my wings a bit.

However, as I always say, these nights out are a catch 22. The preparation they entail is extensive. I like to have the boys fed and bathed and settled before I leave. It's just the way I work. And when Felix completely flipped out on the Friday evening just as I was leaving, I made sure he was well and truly snoozing by the time I walked out the door on Saturday night. It breaks my heart to leave him crying, even though I know he is in great hands with his Dada. 

So by Sunday afternoon, this was the scene at our place. No Scott, as he was out on the golf course. An exhausted Angus sprawled on the lounge. An overtired Felix asleep in his high chair. And a slightly rundown Mama taking the opportunity to steal a cheeky nap while she could (and I did move Felix from his chair to snooze with me on the bed, for the record). 



11 comments:

  1. Exahusting , but it is nice to get out occasionally isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha great pics J!! Our house was similar on Sat afternoon, Bubby asleep n high chair, Hubby and 2 girls asleep and only one recalcitrant 5 year old and me awake! I just enjoyed the quiet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - the cuteness!!!!!
    :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how gorgeous!! I have some similar pics of my kids, though it's rare when they nap these days unfortunately. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I dont think I have ever seen my girls this knackered before! That is two worn out boys!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the sight of sleeping babes. these two are so adorable. glad you got to sneak in a nap too! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! Sleeping small people makes my heart bliss out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute! That pic of Felix asleep in his chair reminds me of my son (now 22) who used to fall asleep like that all the time. In fact, I think it was the only way he'd go to sleep - that and in his car seat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What utterly adorable pics Julie :)
    Each of ours have fallen asleep either in their highchairs or at the table..so cute!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree - it takes a lot of planning but its oh so worth it. Hope you had lots of fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog, reading this post and for leaving a comment. Seeing a comment on my posts always makes my day :o)