Sunday, March 25, 2012

Almond Crisps

This weekend delivered some perfect, sun-drenched, Autumn weather. A lovely opportunity to catch up with one of my nieces for a good old natter. An enjoyable evening with a friend I haven't seen in way too long. We took in a fabulous film at the Palace Verona in Paddington, Elles is just one of the many amazing screenings being shown as part of this year's French Film Festival. Love a good foreign film and this one didn't disappoint. A few glasses of bubbly and some great conversation made for a top night out. 

Then right at the tail end of the weekend, I decided we needed some home baked bikkies for the cookie jar. My brief was something tasty and simple and of course working with ingredients I had at hand. So this recipe was chosen from a cookbook I purchased recently, Women's Weekly Easy Cakes & Biscuits... and they really are easy. Light and sweet and near impossible to stop at just one. Definitely an addition for the baked goods rotation. 

Almond Crisps

125g butter, softened
1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
1/4 cup (30g) ground almonds
2 tablespoons flaked almonds

Preheat oven to 200 degrees (180 for fan-forced)
Grease oven trays, line with baking paper
Beat butter and sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until smooth
Stir in sifted flour and ground almonds
Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls
Place about 5cm apart on trays
Flatten slightly with fork to 1cm thick
Sprinkle with flaked almonds
Bake about 10 mins 
Stand crisps on trays 5 mins before transferring to wire rack to cool


7 comments:

  1. Look sensational, have a lovely week.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! These look so delicious! xo K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely!

    Sounds like a good weekend. How nice was the weather on Saturday? xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. they look insanely good julie! sounds like a lovely weekend. we sure did have some nice weather. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look amazing - I love the way the almonds are 'floating' on top like that. Clever thing!! Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM, I want one. Like, right now! Its afternoon tea time and it looks like Old Mother Hubbard's at my place!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog, reading this post and for leaving a comment. Seeing a comment on my posts always makes my day :o)