Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Close Ups

In those first few weeks after becoming a Mama, there were fleeting moments when I wondered what I had gotten myself into. The enormity of it all hit hard and deep. And I battled through the minefield of no sleep and crying and settling. On high rotation it seemed. Breastfeeding was brutal. At least until week three, when a bout of mastitis saw me hospitalised for four days. With that, I was back at the beginning. Newborn and Mama learning how to do one of the most seemingly 'natural' actions known to humankind. Together. And eventually, we got there. Watching those sparkling, wide eyes as I fed, was all the reward I could ever ask for. From that point on, I grew to love feeding and I still believe those brilliant, big, blue eyes are the most perfect things I've ever created. Those... and the equally beautiful second set I was lucky enough to gaze upon as I fed, some two years later.

So today, as I looked around for something to shoot close up, there were no better subjects than the sweet faces of my boys. Children always look so flawless up close. No pesky wrinkles or imperfections, that come with age. Then as I sat down to tuck into my favourite lunch at the moment, I had to capture it's beauty up close also. Curried chicken pie from one of our local bakehouses... A.mazing! And the ivy covered trunks of a magnificent line of trees, which captivate me every time we walk past them. They needed to be snapped too.

Linking up with Faith Hope & a whole lottla Love for Snap It, on today's topic of: Up Close





15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures as always! And I love your account of your breastfeeding journey - it certainly does take some perseverance but so worth it in the end. I've been lucky with feeding both times and each evening as I'm sat with little Miss I do exactly the same thing as you... gaze down at her in amazement of how perfect she is. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh sweet, your boys are very cute, and the breastfeeding, that was just damn hard work..but so worth it. I am glad I persevered too.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great close up shots J. Very cute eyes for some lucky lady to gaze into one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous boys!
    Isn't amazing how tough breastfeeding can be? I winced though the first few weeks with all of them and had horrible mastitis too with no5 - you'd have thought it would be a breeze by then!
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing shots Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous pics! ditto re the breastfeeding. it's such a perfect time - once you finally get it right! i had mastitis with all three of mine - not fun! i grew up treating cows with mastitis in their udders, and i never thought i would get it! but my babes looking up at me with their big blue eyes made all the pain & heartache of it so much more worth it. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous eyes, gorgeous boys. And how amazing are those little eyes when they're breastfeeding?! Melts my heart every time x

    ReplyDelete
  8. love these close up's julie and a huge pie fan i am! enjoy your day. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect subject choice for your 'close up' topic! Their little eyes and faces are so perfect and you've captured what I think us mum's all remember most is those perfect little eyes staring up at us - and the shared wonder and connection between mother and child. Just beautiful.

    ...and now I'm hungry for pie!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. My heart would always melt when my little babes looked up at me while I was feeding :)
    You always captured the most amazing photos Julie.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the close up of your gorgeous boys eyes! Great photos x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, those big beautiful eyes! Yes, it's so overwhelming when we first become parents, and nobody can tell you exactly how it's going to be for you. But the feeding. How I loved looking at those perfect faces.

    I'll always remember those beautiful, big eyes!

    Gorgeous Julie. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog, reading this post and for leaving a comment. Seeing a comment on my posts always makes my day :o)