Monday, September 10, 2012

Pad Thai (with chicken)

There are a great many meals I love to devour, yet are too nervous or lazy or time poor to make myself. So when I find a nice easy recipe for one of my favourite take away dishes, there is no excuse but to give it a crack. And tonight, I finally whipped up a delicious Pad Thai for dinner. I've been gobbling this one down for years, but this is my first attempt at it. Simple, tasty, an absolute winner. I found the recipe on the back of the Erawan Brand rice noodles packet... they are gluten free too... and I tweaked the recipe slightly to suit, but this is my version.

Pad Thai (with chicken)

200g pad thai rice noodles
300g cooked chicken, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp chopped spring onions/shallots
2 tbsp peanut oil
2 tbsp chopped chives
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
2 tbsp fish sauce
juice of 1 lemon
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup bean sprouts, soaked in water

Cook chicken in frying pan, in batches, then set aside
Boil pad thai noodles for 6-8 minutes, until soft, then drain
Fry crushed garlic and spring onions/shallots gently in
 peanut oil until transparent
Add all the remaining ingredients except the egg and 
bean sprouts and continue to fry
Add egg slowly and continue to mix
Add the drained bean sprouts and continue to fry for 30 seconds




10 comments:

  1. Yum Yum Yum! I love Chicken Pad Thai but i've never made it before. I'll have to try your recipe, thanks so much for sharing Julie!!!
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that looks good! I cooked chicken tikka for dinner..for the first time. I took some photos that I will show sometime too..'cos it was delicious as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Pad Thai...never have been able to replicate it though....am going to give your recipe a go. thanks for sharing. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is one of my faves J and I often cook off the back of packets. My fave easy Pad Thai at the moment though is the Marion's Kitchen one, easy to do in a rush and my kids love it. We are in fact making it tonight because we'll be out all afternoon.
    Always love your recipe sharing J.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love pad Thai! I'm so going to make this one. Pin! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hubby and I indulge in Pad Thai any chance we get, which isn't often. Now we can eat it to our hearts delight..thanks Julie :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my favourite Thai dish - I can't remember having any other Thai food because I always order Pad Thai... very boring but when I'm onto a good thing I stick with it! I've never tried making it - so I might just have to give it a go!
    x
    Melissah

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made Pad Thai for the first time recently, too!
    Yours looks so yum, I want some NOW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. winner! my husband loves pad thai and i love quick and easy meals - thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog, reading this post and for leaving a comment. Seeing a comment on my posts always makes my day :o)