Friday, September 21, 2012

The Birth of Button Tots

When my role at work was made redundant last November, I felt partly relieved and partly lost. After thirteen years with the one company, I really didn't know what was next for me, career wise. Scott and I, keen for another child, decided to make two thousand and twelve the year to extend our brood. And in January, we were right on track, with the all positive two blue lines. But by the end of February, life threw a little curve ball and our plan wasn't meant to be. I struggled with the aftermath for a good few weeks. And after much soul searching, I was determined to do something to keep my mind busy. I explored options to become a personal trainer, an idea I have toyed with for a long time. I enjoy keeping fit and healthy and think I could successfully encourage others to do the same. But at this point in time, it's not feasible to devote the hours and effort, when my prime focus is the boys.


So out of the blue, I purchased a selection of pretty bits and pieces and started sewing little cuts of fabric and cute buttons onto baby singlets. At night once the boys were asleep or when Angus was at preschool and Felix was napping. Back in March, it was fantastic therapy for me. A distraction for the overactive mind and a creatively fulfilling distraction at that. And as the weeks went by, I made more and more and just kept adding to the collection. Until I started to think that maybe I could pop the sweet creations onto my friend's little ones... and my little ones. From that point the concept of Button Tots was conceived. As is the way with these simple ideas, eventually, they begin to grow and grow and before you know it, you're in full swing and throwing yourself into it wholeheartedly. With terrific support from beautiful friends and family, one starts to believe they can do anything.

After many delays in progress and plenty of second guessing myself, Button Tots was finally born this week. Whether it proves to be a success or not, I am not concerned. Because this year, I have been lucky enough to work on something that I enjoy and derive great satisfaction from. And that is more than I could have hoped for.

So if you're interested in taking a peek, please pop on over to the brand new Button Tots Facebook page and give it a 'like'... if you like what you see that is. I've also created a store at madeit.com.au, currently with a small selection from the range... more will be added over the coming weeks.
And if you think friends or family might like what they see too, don't be afraid to share the Button Tots name around.














And boy, did I have fun shooting this gorgeous lot... my darling Button Tots Babes.

25 comments:

  1. Julie, isn't creating a wonderful distraction? I really love your designs..they are simple yet so effective. Gorgeous models too :)
    Off to check out your store.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cute, making stuff is such a buzz hey. Good luck - I'm sure you'll do great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you. They are great :) Hoping your little business takes off and becomes a big business!! Checking out FB now....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever you, these are great! Good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Julie - I'm delighted for you.
    These are just gorgeous.
    I'm off to make a purchase and spread the word now.
    :-) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, they are delightful, what a simple but stunning idea and they look great on the babies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful! I'm so happy for you Julie. They're lovely!

    I don't have a personal profile on facebook (which means that I can't become a fan or even comment on others pages). However I do have a page for my work so I can add you to my favourites. I'm off to have a peek right now :)

    All the best lovely, I wish you every success x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations..how lovely that you have run with a very cute idea...family and friends are great when it comes to this kind of thing...I am sure it will be very successful xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Julie! Congratulations! hat a great idea. You're talented, they're gorgeous.
    I have liked and will promote on my FB page. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so great! Well done you Julie, what a fantastic achievement. You dark horse you! And how cute are all those little people in your lovely designs. I hope it's a great success. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are gorgeous, what a lovely idea. Good luck with it, I'm sure they will be a great success. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Julie! That's so exciting... They are SO cute, I love the first one especially and will be popping over to your FB page right away!
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh you clever lady. It is so odd that sometimes life's hardest moments present new ways of approaching things. I adore these singlets. Will be needing a few in tiny sizes and toddler proof as well soon. Congratulations to you beautiful lady. A creative masterpiece:) xx ashley

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Julie ... what a gorgeous idea and well priced. I don't have facebook but I have jumped on the site and loved what a saw. You should be very proud of yourself for taking an idea and following a dream while the rest of us are still just thinking about it!! If I knew of any tiny tots I would buy one for sure but I don't think they come in teenage sizes!!!
    Good luck with it - I hope you make plenty of money and enjoy yourself with your new project! Sorry about your baby news but you are not alone on that one - almost all of my girlfriends have been through similar experiences. It sounds like you have some exciting times ahead!
    x
    Melissah (Coastal Style)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gee your clever ... am off to take a little look at the loveliness right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wowsers! Well done lovey! They all look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  17. very cute designs - and your models are fab!!
    well done
    hope it all goes well
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness Julie - these are awesome! What a clever and amazing concept you've got going. You will be busy as I have no doubt these will be a huge success. Congratulations lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just fabulous, Sweetheart. I'm so pleased to see you going for it - carpe diem! I'm now liker #50 and have shared to my FB page. Good luck! J x

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are so sweet Julie, good luck with this new venture! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super cute...you have been busy. It must be nice just to see your kids and friends kids in something you have created, and take pride in. Good luck with the venture.x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have been meaning all week to email you and ask about your new adventure, and here it is! I am loving your creations! Well done you. I wish you all the success you deserve - and I hope your "other" baby plans are successful soon too :)

    Love from Cat xox

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Julie - I have been away too long and have missed this! Well done on getting out there and doing it! Something I have not quite done yet! I wish you all the very very best!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog, reading this post and for leaving a comment. Seeing a comment on my posts always makes my day :o)