Monday, September 3, 2012

Celebrations

Late August is always a time to celebrate in our household. Scott and I have our birthdays one day apart. A good excuse to really enjoy, as it's a whole year before we get to treat each other again. Though this year, the last four days have been an extravaganza of celebration. With our birthdays, my sweet little niece's first birthday party AND Father's Day, one after the other. For my birthday, we headed to a local pub for a few drinks and a yummy, hearty dinner. It was so incredibly nice to share a meal together, just us. My wonderful parents minded the boys for what only ended up being a few hours...before Scott and I decided we were tired and old and really just wanted to come home and snuggle on the lounge watching tele. Felix had other ideas and kept me awake for most of the night, but we were lucky to squeeze in our romantic dinner before it turned pear shaped.

For Scott's birthday, I wanted to do something a little different and a wee bit special. So we bundled into the car and made our way up North, to Jonah's at Whale Beach. Arguably one of the best locations we've ever been to. The view, the food and drink, the service. All utterly perfect. And for some reason, it was a quiet day at Jonah's, so we had the entire outdoor terrace section to ourselves. Couldn't have planned that one better if I tried. I baked a butter layer cake with butter cream icing and Cadbury Time Out topping for our Happy Birthday sing song in the evening. All in all, a magnificent four days.

















14 comments:

  1. A very happy birthday to you both! Jonah's looks picture perfect, a glorious view and great meal and a birthday cake made by you..what could be better on a birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous!! Look at that blue sky and that blue ocean!

    Happy birthday to you both! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to you both. What gorgeous pictures. How lucky to have the entire terrace to yourselves, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so beautiful ..... Happy Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a view! Happy Birthday to you both! Our months End of Oct/November, all the kids and dad within 3 weeks! Sends me broke!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous spot isn't it! We stayed there after our wedding and I have such wonderful memories of Jonahs. Great photos - you snagged a perfect day too by the looks. Happy birthday Julie (and Scott!) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday lovely! What a lovely way to celebrate, and what a view!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to you both sounds like you did celebrate in style. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to the both of you! It looks like you had a wonderful time, glad you enjoyed some time out and treated yourselves! :) xo K

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday!

    I love Jonah's so much, great views and wonderful food.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated birthday love.
    I'm glad you had such a fantastic time over the few days.
    More than well deserved.
    :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy belated birthday Gorgeous Girl! I'm soooo slack with my bloggy reading of late I completely missed the boat! Sounds like you had a lovely few days... even with some interrupted sleep! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday to everyone! Yes Jonah's is exceptional - that's where I celabrated my birthday back in March ...totally indulgent!
    x
    Melissah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Sweetheart. What a delightful escape. I'm so pleased for you. We never made it to Jonah's! J x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog, reading this post and for leaving a comment. Seeing a comment on my posts always makes my day :o)