Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Autumn Yellow

The crispy crackling of Autumn leaves underfoot is a simple pleasure we're enjoying these days. The boys seek out generous piles of them, as they know the greater the volume, the louder the CRUCNH. So they make a b line for front fences or side walls or large deciduous trees. Any spot where the wind has provided an opportunity for the accumulation of a crunchy mass. It is a real joy to witness my boys playing the way I used to as a child... and of course, most times I join in the fun. 

These beautiful trees provide such tremendous relief and protection from the harsh Summer sun. They line the pathway to one of our favourite local parks and have brilliant glossy green leaves during the warmer months. Then the cold descends. And now, they're bright and golden in colour and look spectacular against a powder blue sky. The branches are sparse, as leaves have tumbled freely downwards for many weeks. But I managed to capture a couple of rogue limbs, who rebelled and held onto their foliage that little bit longer.

Linking up with Faith Hope & a whole lotta Love for 'Snap It' and today's topic of: Yellow. 




15 comments:

  1. Autumn is such a beautiful season. Unfortunately our skies are not looking that blue and beautiful right now :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love autumn so much. even more so than spring sometimes! the beautiful colours everywhere, the crispness of the air. most of our new deciduous trees lost their leaves early in autumn, but we have a couple of rogue ones as well, hanging onto their leaves for as long as they can. ours get a battering here with all the wind that we get, but i still love them.
    beautiful shots julie. love the blue skies against the yellow. we barely see the blue for all the clouds nowadays. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn Yellow and Azure blue; great colour combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple pleasures, Julie.
    The best kind.
    :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love crunching Autumn leaves too, lovely photos of those autumn yellows against the beautiful sky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, your photos are very bright and clear! One of the best parts of autumn is the lovely colours from nature!
    laura x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love autumn leaves! They provide so much joy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Autumn - my FAVORITE time of year. PS - love the muffin post too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Autumn photos Julie! I remember being little like your two boys and diving into the piles of red leaves that would fall off a huge tree in our backyard at this time of year, so much fun! :) xo K

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are beautiful!! I love the sun glow & the yellow is perfect! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pics Julie! And such a lovely time of year. It's stinking hot over here in Honkers. What I wouldn't do for some Autumn weather!! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful shot of Autumn, my favourite time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely, looking forward to planting some more trees at our place that will turn yellow in autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love, love, love Autumn! I love the chilly mornings and being able to finally start the heater! And I love watching trees lose their lovely leaves and sometimes I wish I was young enough to jump in them!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We are in spring now, and I'm so happy.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog, reading this post and for leaving a comment. Seeing a comment on my posts always makes my day :o)