Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Black & White

As far as Autumn days go, I think today was the best kind. Twenty six toasty degrees. Buckets of sunshine. A clothes drying dream. As soon as the crispness of early morning melted away, the warmth broke through. No better feeling than hanging clean clothes on the line with the sun on my back. With the exception of a mid-afternoon wander to a local park, we were self-confessed home bodies. My demolition kings were out in full force in the backyard. It has to be a boy thing, wanting to tip things over, throw things out, pile things on top of each other... then knock them down and do it all again. I often find myself getting frustrated with this behaviour. But I'm learning to just let it be.

These are my first black and white shots. Not perfect, but I was pleased with them all the same. I really love black and white photographs, so might be making the switch, for certain snaps, from now on.

Linking up with Faith Hope & a whole lotta Love for 'Snap It' and today's topic of: Black & White.







11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness....what a gorgeous collection of B&W shots. 2 handsome little men :) Just lovely.
    x
    http://blog.scissorspaperrockdesigns.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ultimate in old fashioned photos, boys playing in an Autumn yard, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're looking very busy... nice B&W shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love b&w too. Crisp & classic. Yours look great. And I bet your kids are loving this weather. Is it fantastic or what? We live in the best city in the world, I reckon! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha!
    What a gorgeous day - in so many ways.
    :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those boys sure look busy! Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the b+w shots.... for some reason the eyelashes really 'pop'

    P.S this si Laura from Spotty Owl Design but I have a new personal blog now, keeping the spotty owl design one for business... http://twenty5seven.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great series of shots, they sure are busy in the garden

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos J, loving that you're trying B&W.

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous!! I love it when my girls are wearing totally clashing colours, how I can make the pics b&w & no one would know!! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog, reading this post and for leaving a comment. Seeing a comment on my posts always makes my day :o)