Saturday, December 31, 2011

Day On

Two thousand and eleven, my, where did it go?! I am certain this has been the fastest year on record for me. Maybe it's a sign I'm getting old or maybe being a Mama of two boys is more time consuming than I even realise or maybe my love of blogging, reading and writing has opened my eyes to many new and wonderful things... all of which seem to make the days (and the nights) fly by that much quicker. Whatever it might be, I do hope two thousand and twelve pulls up somewhat. Because not only would I enjoy a slower pace to life, but I'd also like to savour every. precious. moment with my boys, who seem to be growing up so rapidly, before my very eyes.

Thursday was 'day on' in our day on/day off approach to the holiday period. We spent a glorious Summer's day celebrating a very special little fellow's 5th birthday. Days like these could not get any better. The friendship and laughter, fun and relaxation. Beautiful memories I'll always hold close to my heart. We are lucky campers indeed, to have such wonderful people in our lives. The boys had a tremendous day and were SO ready for bedtime when it rolled around. Another 'day on' down, a couple more to go. 










I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all the kind people 
who have visited my blog over the past year. 
Your wisdom, strength and support has been quite remarkable. 
I feel ever so privileged to have met a few of you, 
connected with many of you and been inspired by all of you. 
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the lovely 
comments and words of sincerity... each and every 
one honestly makes me smile.
Happy New Year to all of you, may 2012 bring much peace, 
love and happiness to your homes.

11 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Julie! I hope 2012 is a wonderful one for you and your boys. So happy to have discovered your blog this year xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie.

    TRULY.

    Have you ever considered children's photography ... ?

    You capture the magic of childhood oh so beautifully!

    Happy 2012, lady :)

    Thankyou for every single word you've ever written on my blog this year, you are wise beyond your years, & I've loved everything that comes out of that mind of yours :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie I am liking the sound of your 'day on/day off' Holidays can get all too hectic with activities and catchups and I have been wondering what to do to find the right balance...I think this is it :)

    Happy New Year Lovely, it's been such a pleasure following your journey this year.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your day on/day off idea. Kids (and adults) get so exhausted with the frenzy of activity during the festive season. And, on the other hand, any more than two home days in a row and everyone is climbing the walls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such wonderful photos Julie and heart warming writing, love visiting your blog and thanks so much for taking time to read and comment on mine, lets hope 2012 does slow it was definately the express train! Best wishes to you and your family for the next year xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest One sending all the Happiness in one life time for you and your beautiful family in 2012. May your sky be forever blue shining its sunshine down on you my friend. Thank you for a wonderful 2011 of friendship and support.

    Always Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy New year Julie! Cant wait to see more of your gorgeous family in the new year... and more of your yummy baking! I still hope eternally that some yummy slice or cake may one day turn up in my letterbox!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I found your blog through Life Love and Hiccups. Your boys are beautiful and there are some lovely images of them there. I hope 2012 is a great year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy new year, you gorgeous thing.
    I hope you can 'ride the brake' a little this year and really savour those beautiful boys of yours like you want to.
    :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy new year to you Julie! It's been an absolute pleasure to have discovered your blog. Here's to a fantastic 2012 and may it be all you hoped and then some : ) Alison xo
    ps. day on/day off...i'm liking that approach very much ; )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Julie, those eyelashes are just heart-melting! My goodness. I keep saying - you have to become a photographer! Thankyou for your gorgeous support in 2011 - it's been such a sweet spot in a hard year. J x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog, reading this post and for leaving a comment. Seeing a comment on my posts always makes my day :o)