Sunday, September 11, 2011

Festival of the Winds

The things that make Sundays great: Colourful bunting and brilliant sunshine. Jumping castles and giant slides. Flags flapping in the breeze, against a bright blue sky. Enormous kites, itty bitty kites and every size in between, flying high and free on a sunny beach. Fun, laughter and endless community spirit. Farmyard animals and fascinated babies. Captivating street theatre and hand made pirate hats. Ball pits and hula hoops. Fresh corn on the cob and sizzling hot spinach and cheese gozleme. Long naps in the pram and quality time with my boys. Happy children and even happier parents.

We spent the day at Bondi Beach today, playing, enjoying, living the Festival of the Winds. A fantastic way to do Sunday. When I'm old and grey... or even in a few days time, when it might feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders... it's the days like this one that I want to remember. Good times. 

























11 comments:

  1. What a magnificent day.
    Definitely treasure those feelings and memories.
    Your photos.
    Stunning.
    Is it the new camera or you?!
    Your photography is improving out of sight.
    I don't mean that in the condescending way it types!! Have you seen my pics?!
    Those pics are awesome.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie.. it looks like it was the perfect day for flags, bunting, kite flying etc with plenty of breeze and beautiful blue skies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful day!

    I love the buntings with the cloudy blue sky as a backdrop!

    And the obvious happiness of your 2 little boys :)

    And you, are stunning!

    I hope you have many more days like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, I adore these photos!! Especially the first two! You definitely have to join in my photography link-up. You take amazing photos!

    Glad it was a great day. Hubby took the kids on Sunday up to the Spring fete in town and I got to enjoy some girlie time with my sister-in-law. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh, we couldn't decide on what to do yesterday, Festival of the Winds or our bush walk! So thanks so much for taking me to the festival with you : ) now I feel like I've done both. Wishing you a great week. Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at all of that colour ... wishing I was in Bondi to see that!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had beautiful weather here in Perth over the weekend as well and it was great to be outdoors as well. Loved what you said here: "When I'm old and grey... or even in a few days time, when it might feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders... it's the days like this one that I want to remember" So wise and true x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous, Julie, especially the last one - it's so fabulous to see you. J x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a wonderful day!
    Those first two flag photos are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great looking day!

    Smiles all around :)

    I love that corn on a stick.

    Fantastic pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog, reading this post and for leaving a comment. Seeing a comment on my posts always makes my day :o)