Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Finding his way

Yesterday we scorched, under sultry sunny skies. Nice to finally feel the punch of Summer, which has been seriously lacking around these parts, over the past two months. Angus returned to preschool with a positive approach and a beautiful smile. Our heart to heart last Tuesday evening worked wonders for his outlook and confidence in his new surroundings. A great relief to this anxious Mama, who quite often over thinks these bumps in the road, even when I know deep down, they have a way of smoothing themselves out.

Avoiding the topic of friends altogether, we strolled home, chatting in the afternoon sun. As I was preparing dinner, an excitable Angus bounded into the kitchen with some information. "Mama, I made a new friend today!" Playing it cool, I casually prompted him to tell me a bit more about his friend. "His name is Will and we were throwing balls into the cubby house, I like him Mama... I might even make another new friend tomorrow!" Ahhh, music to my ears. 

9 comments:

  1. How wonderful .. I have no doubt there will be a new friend tomorrow too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaahhh. Beautiful.
    It's so hard to pull back and let things unfold - especially things that bear your very own heart and soul.
    Good job, Mum. (Mrs Cool!!)
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Yah! see we worry too much, they are social little beings at this age and I think sometimes 'mum' can be a little boring. Glad he is having fun.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a relief for mum - I let out a big sigh for you too. Sounds like happy summer school days are ahead for you both - big smiles xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go Angus!
    You must feel like a weight has lifted J. He'll know everyone at preschool before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I hope I hear those same words after Lil goes to school on Friday. We're both a little nervous. What a fab picture too, so nice to have some warm weather, however briefly it was.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I'm so pleased he's made a friend! That's great news and what a relief for you. My little boy can be quite a sensitive little soul at times (always the one to let the toy be snatched away, rather than do the snatching back!) and he just doesn't get it when children are mean. So I dread the thought of him going to school and all those personalities to have to navigate. Like you said though, they find their way eventually. Keep us posted with his progress. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. I too over think life's little hiccups, but we're caring mamas who only want the best for our babies. I'm glad it turned out ok Jules. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alas that one day of Summer had no friends! Back to rain. Love that photo! You have a great eye x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog, reading this post and for leaving a comment. Seeing a comment on my posts always makes my day :o)