Saturday, January 12, 2013

Coolum

There are always moments, during a road trip with kids, when you stop and look at each other with a look of helplessness that says "why did we decide to do this?" Scott and I experienced many of these moments on our road trip in twenty twelve... and in twenty thirteen, we did it all again. Because last year, we fell in love with Coolum, on Queensland's Sunshine Coast. But this year, we wanted to stick around a while, instead of breezing through on the way to somewhere else. So we braved the arguments, the whinging, the crying and tantrums and drove the two thousand or so kilometre round trip. And it was SO worth it. Just a little piece of paradise for my boys and I to escape to. Glorious







14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous holiday snaps. I feel like you've got so close to me coming up here I could almost reach out and touch you! I hope you continue to enjoy it on the Sunshine Coast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More stunning pics - it' such a beautiful spot hey!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coolum is gorgeous! So great to hear that you had a wonderful getaway. Sometimes to enjoy the grand things in life, us parents have to put up with a little whingeing. Still don't get why kiddies try to make it harder than it needs to be :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you, every trip we go on we think at the start, "why have we done this". Then once we are home, it was all worth it.

    Beautiful photos, it looks like you have a fabulous time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Look how grown up your boys have become. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, this might just be the inspiration we need to take a trip... I don't know about a road trip but Coolum looks divine. And that sky so blue...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks wonderful, I bet you're glad that you braved it & went, fantastic memories for the family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOh I could do with a bit of that! It's a drizzly cold January winter's day here and everyone is whinging - without the car trip! Looks glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow that is a long way....sun , surf and fresh air is always good for the soul. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like it lived up to expectations! Glad you had a fantastic break.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can imagine how many times we said that travelling around the whole Australia!! So worth it though. Beautiful shots! Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  12. My daughter has spent the week drawing in the sand too but on a beach at the bottom half of Australia :) Beautiful pictures...

    Sophie xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful part of the world. Looks like you had a fantastic time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Coolum does look amazing. I love it when you find That Place. Looks like this is yours? Beautiful shot of you and your boys. You're such an amazing mum!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog, reading this post and for leaving a comment. Seeing a comment on my posts always makes my day :o)