Sunday, November 18, 2012

MYLO XYLOTO

Twelve years ago, Coldplay released one of their first ever hit singles, Yellow. It coincided with an incredibly happy and special time in my life. When Scott and I went from mates, to a couple. So each and every time I hear it played, I get goosebumps and sometimes tears in my eyes, but always a huge smile across my face. And for the last twelve years, Coldplay seem to of written the soundtrack to our relationship. In my eyes anyway.

Last night, a dream became reality. We saw them live in concert. I am running up quite a playlist of fabulous bands and world class acts, of who I've had the pleasure and fortune of seeing in the flesh. Coldplay have just been bumped to the top of that list. Scott and I have experienced some magnificent nights out in our time together and this one was no exception. Just like that crazy young(er) couple from twelve years ago, all wild and free (for the night anyway), we drank and danced and sang song after song at the top of our lungs. I was literally transported to another world, under a shower of colour and sparkle and music. A night I never want to forget. Ever. 







17 comments:

  1. great photos, glad it was a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looked like the most amazing concert! So glad you got to go.
    I'm so jealous :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jealous J! Coldplay are one of my Faves, glad you got to go together and enjoy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous Jules..Yellow is such a touching song I tear up just listening to it too. Glad the Older and Younger you and Hubby had such a great night xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I honestly think you and I are cyber twins! Coldplay is a band hubby and I have always loved (his favourote song is Yellow) and we saw them in concert three years ago in Dublin, and we still talk about it as one of our best nights out! We were young and free again and sang like lunatics. Last week was our wedding anniversary so I made him a CD - the soundtrack of our relationship and I had to cull so many Coldplay songs as there wasn't enough room. Glad you had a great night out..... lots of love...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie..looks like there were a couple of 'wild child's' let loose last night! Must have been a concert to remember for sure. When did you write the last couple of posts that I hadn't read? I must have lost track sometime last week. I love your new Christmas gear and hope you get that splashback done quickly. Your new kitchen sounds fantastic with all it's new space.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic!!
    Nights like that are soooooo good for the soul (and marriage!!)
    :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Concerts are more than just the music these days...quite the show experience....what a lovely night of memories for you both.x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fabulous! I so want to see Coldplay and haven't. Radio head too and I also missed that this week in Oz.
    Those nights are to cherish!
    Gorgeous pic of you both too xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like coldplay too
    it's band so wanderful...

    conratulation for you, cause can watch live concert Coldplay...

    please visit and follow me in http://abadiorkes.blogspot.com/

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cutest couple ever awarded to the gorgeous twosome in matching hats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how wonderful!! Lucky lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks amazing! I wish I had of gone, I am so jealous xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yellow totally brings memories to me as well!! I am soooo jealous as I loooove concerts :) So glad you had a great time!
    Ellen xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. We love Coldplay too - it's a band that appeals to all ages - one group the kids & I all know the words to!
    x
    Melissah {Coastal Style}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog, reading this post and for leaving a comment. Seeing a comment on my posts always makes my day :o)