Thursday, August 9, 2012

Chocolate Rum and Raisin Slice

I think the rainbow cake well and truly cured me of my baking persuasion for the last little while. Because I have had very little desire to get into any kind of baking since. But I knew something would have to break the drought and inspire me to get the oven cranking again. Something extra sweet and rich and super simple to whip up. So this delicious slice it was. I have a real taste for Rum and Raisin chocolate, always have. I love the Cadbury's Old Jamaica block and enjoy a good Rum and Raisin flavoured ice-cream too. Scott is also a big fan, so I don't see this one lasting too long. It got me thinking though, I wonder if it's a tad irresponsible to let my four year old scrape the bowl with a wooden spoon... when it's a rum infused sweet? Hmmm

Chocolate Rum and Raisin Slice

125g butter, chopped coarsely
200g dark eating chocolate, chopped coarsely
1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
1 cup (170g) coarsely chopped raisins
2 eggs, beaten lightly
1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
1 tablespoon dark rum (I used Bundaberg)

Preheat oven to 160 degrees. Grease 20cm x 30cm rectangular pan.
Stir butter, chocolate, sugar and raisins in medium saucepan over
low heat until chocolate is melted.
Cool to room temperature.
Stir remaining ingredients into chocolate mixture; spread mixture into pan.
Bake about 30 minutes; cool slice in pan before cutting.
Dust with icing sugar. 


9 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! As does all of your yummy baking! And I see no problem in letting Angus do the bowl scrape... he's lucky I didn't get there first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yu-um!! It's funny - I rarely drink and don't like alcohol in food but I LOVE rum and raisin flavoured food! This looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubby would loooooove this.
    And me if I made it for him.
    How generous do I feel???!!
    :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. extra sweet, rich & super simple tick all my boxes, Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I can count on you to bring out a naughty weekend indulgence!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rum & Raisin is my favourite. Thank goodness I am now gluten & dairy free or I would be in a whole lot of trouble with this recipe! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look divine! As long as he licks the bowl before bedtime - might get him to sleep better! Sorry for radio silence - slef-imposed internet ban while up in Donegal so I can write (am ip to 50,000 words!!!!!) and spend fun time with the girls - an our new puppy! Hope all is well with you lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delicious - you are making me very hungry and it's 10pm!
    x
    Melissah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog, reading this post and for leaving a comment. Seeing a comment on my posts always makes my day :o)