Thursday, July 23, 2015

Zucchini Slice

I used to make this recipe years ago, when Angus first started eating solid food. And I've been meaning for it to make a comeback in the meal rotation for a while. But with Winter upon us and little appetites being affected by illness and teething, it was a must to whip one of these up to have at the ready. Because that is the brilliant thing about this slice, it is versatile. It can be eaten hot or cold...and is delicious either way. Great as a snack to take on the run or have as a meal with a side salad. The vegies can be substituted with any number of alternatives...just add a cup of peas, corn, capsicum, spinach, shallots, cooked pumpkin or sweet potato. And of course, bacon or ham also go down a treat for a tasty addition. Perfect for children and adults...and I can confirm it gets the nod from fussy 15 month olds with sore gums too! Definitely putting this one back on high rotation. 

Zucchini Slice

1 onion, finely chopped
2 large zucchinis, grated
1 cup cheese, grated
1 cup self-raising flour
1/2 cup olive oil
5 eggs, lightly beaten
Salt & Pepper, to taste

Method

Lightly fry onion.
Combine zucchini, carrot and cheese in bowl. Add onion.
Sift in flour, then add oil and eggs. Season with salt & pepper. 
Pour into greased (or baking paper lined) pie, quiche or slice pan.
Bake at 180 degrees (160 degrees for fan-forced) for 40 minutes. 



2 comments:

  1. I love this slice...I to have been making it my whole married life.....it really is so changeable depending on what is in the fridge.
    Oh and I made your Best ever banana cake last night.....winner winner in my family. Xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, I love zucchini slice. I must say this is the first go to meal when I am overloaded with zucchinis from the garden. I just found your blog. What a beautiful blog, full of thoughts, memories and lovely recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog, reading this post and for leaving a comment. Seeing a comment on my posts always makes my day :o)