Thursday, February 2, 2012

Homestyle Ferrero Rochers


For as long as I can remember, I have loved Ferrero Rocher chocolates. I can even recall when they first came on the scene. The crinkly gold ball of loveliness nested in a tiny paper cup, the little white sticker atop and the unmistakable taste. Melt in the mouth kind of delicious. Sometime ago, a friend introduced me to a home made version of the classic sweet. For literally years, I have been meaning to try my hand at them and on the weekend, I finally did. Not sure what has taken me so long either, they are dead easy.


Part of the ever popular 'no bake' category, these lovelies can be whipped up in no time at all. My first batch was taken along to a gathering with Scott's family and they went down a treat. I'll admit that they are in no way as divine as the real deal Ferrero's, but then it would be hard to recreate such perfection. A nice substitute, they do make though and it's always a good feeling making your own sweets for friends and family. 

Homestyle Ferrero Rochers 

400g Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate, melted
3 tablespoons nutella
75g crushed peanuts

Mix nutella and nuts together in a bowl
Place 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate into each hole of a greased icecube tray
Fill with a small amount of nutella mix
Top with remainder of melted chocolate to enclose
Freeze for 1 hour
Refrigerate until ready to serve





14 comments:

  1. Oh you have one wicked sweet tooth! They look very dangerous;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh stop it! I just saw this pic in my reader and now I'm desperate for chocolate! Yum, they look great x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, OMG!!!! Lordy, yes please to these! Lucky you live where you do and I am tooooo far away to pop in and sneak a couple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ferraro Rochers are my absolute favorite chocolate!! These look yum! I made some once at a Tupperware party... but yours look much simpler! You know I am currently having a melting chocolate phase so this might just be next on the list!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum J, just yum! Will be making these ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you make the tastiest little treats, I am definitely giving these a go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I can make those... but would they survive the trip to a friend's house?? Not too sure if they would make it untouched...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so easy, I will give it a try. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my ... these are my husbands favourites. Think I might make some for Valentines Day - yummo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you have a way with words. That mouthwatering deliciousness. Now I want some!

    Thank you for sharing such an attractive photo or two. Makes it simply irresistible NOT to make!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't you just love these little cuties! I have been making them for years. Everything from wedding favours to a quick evening snack when guests come over. I'm no expert on Ferreros, but mine are slightly different. I mix the crushed nuts in the melted chocolate along with the same quantity of cocoa pops or rice bubbles. Half fill the moulds with the choco mix and then put in plain nutella and and a hazelnut, and then top with more choc nut mixture and set. Either way they are a winner :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog, reading this post and for leaving a comment. Seeing a comment on my posts always makes my day :o)