Monday, November 26, 2012

Speed of Life

I'd love to be able to tell time to slow down a bit right now. Because it's flying. So many things to complete, to attend, to be involved in. Great... but crazy, all the same. Days are devoted to the boys and cleaning and shopping and catching up with friends, when we can. Nights are consumed by sewing... and more sewing. It takes time and energy and most nights, I am dog tired and dozing off on the  lounge... then the thought of a couple of hours creating, gives me just the boost I need. I'm enjoying my little business very much at this point in time.

The weekend just gone was a lovely one. On Saturday, I went along to a Baby Shower for a friend who always swore she would never have children. Deep down, I always knew she would. So it gave me great joy to put together a little bundle of Button Tots goodies as part of her gift for bubs. And I even managed to throw in a teeny tiny singlet adorned with shamrocks, to compliment Dad's Irish heritage. On Sunday, we hit the beach, as a family... and it was glorious. A perfect (almost) Summer's day, by the sea. That, is the speed I like my life to travel at. 







14 comments:

  1. NIce, It was a perfect day for the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shirts are getting even cuter :) Love the giraffe. I totally hear you on the if is moving to fast thing. Was looking at pictures of my girls today from 2 years ago and it really feels like yesterday. More beautiful photos - love the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like a few others spent the day at the beach too! The giraffe just looks too cute for words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tops are looking adorable Julie! I'm feeling some of that mad busy-ness myself! Looks like a nice break in the madness down at the beach. Such gorgeous boys. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to step foot on the brakes too Julie...just long enough to catch my breath.

    I absolutely adore that little selection of goodies and well it's always lovely seeing your gorgeous munchkins faces :)

    Hope you get a little more down time soon.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes yes...slow down!! The pics look lovely Jules and agree with Caz, your creations are getting cuter xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the singlets, your boys are gorgeous.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the star singlet, what a generous gift! Great beach shots. Elaina

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too feel like some days I am barely hanging on to the to do list....what a beautiful gift for the baby though...worth all the late nights .

    ReplyDelete
  10. This year has zoomed past - and I'm almost in disbelief that December is upon us.
    I think a morning soaking up some beach pace is just what we need too.
    :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know what you mean about living a fast paced life - I am running on double time so I know how you feel! I find the only place I truly relax is at the beach. Looks like you had a great day out on Sunday - I am loving this hot weather.
    Thanks for your well wishes regarding the new house - I am so excited!
    x
    Melissah from Coastal Style

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute singlets, great for a baby shower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving this beach weather! Keep telling myself one thing at a time as we reach this crazy point of the year xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Jules, I've missed your lovely little space and gorgeous summery photos. Since I moved to WP I don't see my google feed as much and tend to miss out on my old faves. Made a point of dropping by today to say hello.

    I am loving your photos, as I always have. Nice to see your smiling boys. AND, you have your own little business? WOW!! Good on your Jules, that is fantastic!

    Pegs xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog, reading this post and for leaving a comment. Seeing a comment on my posts always makes my day :o)